BIKE AUSTRIA’S GUIDED MTB CAMP FOR WOMEN
GIRL POWER CAMP – LEARN SKILLS, HAVE FUN
The guides at Bike Austria have prepared the perfect women’s MTB camp in the Alps! Push your riding technique and build self-confidence on the mountain bike in a supportive environment. The girls in the expert group will sometimes rock the toughest trails in the region, but our courses are also ideal for trail beginners. There’s truly a camp for every female rider.
WOMEN’S MTB CAMP HIGHLIGHTS
- Hone your mountain bike skills in the stunning Hohe Tauern National Park
- Three days of incredible guided bike tours in the Alps
- Experience the spectacular scenery & hospitality of Austria
- Enjoy the classic cuisine served in a unique hut ambiance
- Ride among the highest peaks in Austria and their magnificent glaciers
- Learn about the history of these mountains and its people
- Visit the castle high above Mittersill
THE WOMEN’S MTB CAMP INCLUDES
- Excellent leadership from your Bike Austria guide
- 3 nights at our Partner-Hotel Alphotel Mittersill
- 2 x Riding technique workshops
- 3 x Guided MTB trail tours incl. riding technique tips
- Bike breakdown workshop
- Adjusting of sitting position and cockpit
- Core training each morning
- Bike Austria swag (t-shirt, water bottle & other fun surprises)
(based on 4 riders)
- 400€ per person / double room
- 460€ per person / single room
- 235€ per person – without Accommodations
Prior mountain bike riding experience is necessary! A sporty level of fitness is required, but the camp focus is fully on coaching proper riding technique. This level is also suitable for experienced bikers who have never done skills training before. “You want to ride on easy to moderate singletrack trails safely and with flow?” Then this is the right level for you.
Basic knowledge of mountain bike riding skills required! You should have finished at least one MTB skills training already. You should have been riding frequently on easy singletracks. “The motivation to improve yourself on technical trails drives you?” Then this level is ideal for you.
Good physical condition, regular exercise and a lot of technical riding experience are essential – at least one technical training should already have been completed. The focus of the camp is on riding technical, alpine singletracks! “You want to stay on your bike even on challenging singletracks trails and alpine paths?” Then you need this course!
MAIN TOPICS FOR EACH LEVEL
Basic position, riding corners, braking, overcome obstacles, getting on and off safely, first singletrack, roots, stones, braking in steep terrain, master steep climbs, getting started uphill, riding down steps…
Basic position, riding corners, braking technology in extreme situations, steep slopes, overcome obstacles uphill and downhill, steep steps, hairpin bends, small drops …
Extreme steep slopes, overcome obstacles downhill and uphill, steep-steps and landings, hairpins (with rear wheel offset), jumps, drops, Bunny Hop …
BASIC & ADVANCED
Trail suitable hardtail or fullsuspension bike, tires with new profile, Bike-glasses, helmet, gloves, backpack; we recommend knee- and ellbow protection, repair kit and first aid kit.
Full Suspension bike with 120 to 160 mm travel. Your bike should be suitable to ride uphill! tires with new profile, bike-glasses, helmet (also full face), gloves (long), knee- and ellbow protection is obligatory, backprotection or backpack with protection, repair kit and first aid kit;