MOUNTAIN BIKE SUMMER KIDS CAMPS AND HOLIDAYS
Bike Austria Guides show kids how to have fun and be healthy
Bike Austria mountain bike summer camps teach kids the freedom and exhilaration of riding fast and in control. During the 4 day camp, participants will learn to control their mountain bike in many different situations. They will gain confidence in more challenging terrain. Essential basic techniques will be covered including: braking, turning-techniques, jumps, steep downhill trails, rooty singletrack, switchback corners and more. More advanced, but essential mtb techniques, such as the wheelie drop and bunny hop will also be a part of the summer camp program.
We’ll ride plenty of singletrack, take cable cars high into the mountains, swim in mountain lakes and eat delicious Austrian food. Our summer camps are all about having a blast on the mountain bike in a group focused, fun-filled environment. Participants will be organized into two groups, 8-12 and 13-16 years old.
An unforgettable adventure for the aspiring young rider who has already developed solid basic skills upon the bike.
SUMMER CAMP MTB PROGRAM
- Technical skills training at Pumptrack Mittersill
- Mountain bike trail tour in the Pinzgau Valley
- Technical skills training Pumptrack Mittersill
- Cable car ride to “Resterhohe” and downhill mountain biking
- Rest Day
- Downhill MTB day in the beautiful town of Saalbach with some special “Eis” afterwards
- Bike Austria Grand Prix: Team-technical contest in the bike park
- 3pm prize giving ceremony at the Mittersill Pumptrack. Parents and families encouraged to spectate!
Available weeks for the MTB summer camps:
Lil’ Rippers, 8-12 years old
- 22. July to 26. July 2019
- 2. September to 6. September 2019
Junior Shredders, 13-16 years old
- 5.August to 9.August 2019
The camp takes place from 9am – 3pm
- € 190 for 4 days technical training and tours
- € 40 for 4 lunches, including drinks
- € 60 for lift tickets/transportation
- Starting at € 38/day bike rental when needed
After the Registration has been processed, you will receive payment instructions. Payment is due within 5 days of receiving the invoice.
All participants need a good functioning bike with at least 10 speeds and front shock. A helmet is also required. Additionally, we recommend biking gloves and knee pads.
The Camp can be cancelled at any time by written notice should the participant be unable to attend.
The following cancellation fee, as a percent of total trip costs, applies with written notice less than:
- 30 Days prior to trip start – 50 %
- 24 Days prior to trip start – 60 %
- 17 Days prior to trip start – 70 %
- 10 Days prior to trip start – 90 %
- 3 days prior or no-show – 100%
Open Camp Calendar
|May 3-5, 2019||eBike Skills Camp|
|May 19-23, 2019||Super Gravel Bike Camp|
|June 8-10, 2019||Mountain Bike Skills Camp|
|June 13-16, 2019||Girl Power Bike Camp|
|June 21-23, 2019||Singletrack Mind|
|July 6-13, 2019||"5 Bike Park" Week|
|July 22-26, 2019||Kids Bike Camp (Ages 7-12)|
|Aug. 5-9, 2019||Junior Bike Camp (Ages 13-16)|
|Aug. 10-17, 2019||"5 Bike Park" Week|
|Sep. 2-6, 2019||Kids Bike Camp (Ages 7-12)|
|Sep. 27-29, 2019||Singletrack Mind|