GRAVEL BIKE CAMP
3 Day Camp with perfect, endless gravel biking among Austria’s tallest peaks
24-26 September 2021
Contact us for custom dates
Gravel Bike Camps with guides from Bike Austria are the ultimate experience for those passionate about riding big terrain.
When you picture the Austrian Alps, you probably think of towering granite peaks, gentle meadows, mountain huts, and jagged glaciers. You may not think of the silky smooth gravel roads that connect all of these stunning landmarks, but that’s just fine. With gravel biking in our hearts, the guides at Bike Austria have done all the thinking for you. Prepare to enjoy gravel– Austrian style. We’ll enjoy challenging rides through the finest Austrian terrain.
With an itinerary tailored to suit your group’s goals and riding style, we’ll tackle passes featured in Trans Alp routes, experiencing the beauty of the Alps firsthand. In between, we’ll stop for refreshments at local farms and scenic huts.
That’s the Bike Austria gravel experience—a civilized adventure amidst terrain guaranteed to challenge, inspire, and leave you begging for more. The hills are truly alive.
- 3 days of riding incredible gravel riding in the Alps with a local guide
- Bike maintenance workshop
- Adjusting of sitting position and cockpit
- Core training each morning
- Bike Austria t-shirt
149€ per Person with 5 participants
Please see our LIST OF PARTNER HOTELS to book special rates at a hotel that suits your personal needs.
WEEKEND GRAVEL PROGRAM DETAILS
- 14:00 – Roll out for a warm-up on some lower elevation rolling Gravel winding through quaint mountain villages
- 19.00 -Dinner together
- 8:00 to 8:30 – Voluntary morning exercise
- 9:00 – Roll out for a big 6 hour loop through the Kitzbüheler Alps
- Two passes require shouldering the bike a short distance
- 19.00 – Dinner together
- 8:00 to 8:30: Voluntary morning exercise
- 9:30 – enjoy some of the playful gravel closer in to Mittersill, 4-5 hours
- Individual departure
Experience riding gravel and dirt is important. However, if you are primarily used to the road, come a day early for a prep course with us to make sure you have the time of your life. We will not be riding anything technical, but solid braking technique is critical with CX tires moving fast down gravel.
This camp is for those that enjoy going long and hard. If you can climb 1000 meters on a gravel bike, you are going to have a blast.
CX/Gravel bikes are best suited for this camp. Although slower on the flatter sections, light hardtail mountain bikes can also work well. Additionally, plenty of energy nutrition, helmet, gloves, and rainwear, … Just ask if you’re not sure!