GUIDED BIKE HOLIDAYS IN AUSTRIA
Build Your Custom Bike Tour
Just a Single Epic Day?
Hut-to-Hut and Base Camp Options
Unforgettable experiences in Austria’s most breathtaking terrain
Bike Austria specializes in private single and multi-day bike tours for groups interested in the best experiences that Austria has to offer. We customize every bike holiday to the specific group, from hardcore enduro riders to gravel fanatics to families and retirees. Experience the splendor of Austria’s rugged beauty, renowned mountain hut culture, and world-class terrain.
The guides at Bike Austria make your MTB holiday unforgettable
- The biggest advantage? Easy. Our guides at Bike Austria know all of the secret mountain bike trails and local stashes
- If you thought Mother Nature pulled out all the stops in the Austrian Alps, think again: Hohe Tauern National Park is her magnum opus. Ride through Austria’s outdoor wonderland and one of Europe’s largest nature reserves (1786 sq km) straddling the borders of Carinthia, Salzburg and Tirol
- Enjoy great group dynamics with like-minded mountain bikers
- Looking to improve your skills? Get great technique tips from our certified Bike Guides
- Equipment troubles? Your bike guide and mechanic will make sure your gear is dialed in
- No lost time: our carefully crafted itineraries will maximize singletrack and minimize stress. Guaranteed.
The advantage of mountain bike rides with certified guides goes beyond the experience on the bike.
- Learn about the culture, history and geography of this breathtaking region
- Enjoy culinary highlights in traditional Austrian mountain huts
The bike season in the Kitzbühel Alps lasts from middle of April until December, weather dependent. Higher elevations in the Hohe Tauern (that offer spectacular, high-alpine riding) can shorter the season from May until October.
- Skills Training will take your riding to the next level.
- Pumptrack Skills Training at the world-class Pumptrack Mittersill
- Our Fat Bike Winter Rides make riding a blast all year long.
Contact us today so we can start planning your dream Hut-To-Hut bike trip or single-day tours in the Austrian Alps.
Planning your perfect bike tour in 5 Steps
Step #1 – BIKE STYLE
In town for a day or two? Passing through for an afternoon and want to experience Austria’s finest singletrack? Then join us for a ride! Team up with a certified Bike Austria Guide– we’ll show you the goods. Prefer rolling singletrack with stellar views of the Hohe Tauern peaks? Looking for technical descents through some of the most engaging terrain in the Alps? No problem– we’ll find you your flow.
We’re pretty sure it’s the finest way to experience the Austrian Alps. Navigating terrain that’s been featured in Giro stages, Trans Alp events, and World Cup events. Join us as we ride the finest selection of forest roads, winding switchbacks and gravel-oriented singletrack, while traversing the Alps via a network of breathtaking mountain huts.
We’ve all felt it — that moment when your favorite backyard singletrack begins to feel stale. That feeling when all you need is some solitude. A dose of stunning natural beauty. A taste of true adventure. Thankfully, we’ve got just what the Doctor ordered
Step #2 – TOUR STYLE
Our spectacular guided Hut-To-Hut Bike Tours take you through the stunning natural terrain of the Hohe Tauern National Park , the largest in Central Europe. From our home base in the Austrian Alps, we’re able to customize adventures to quench your thirst for big terrain riding, choosing from a complete menu of terrain types, singletrack trails, and stunning mountain huts. Looking for a two-day adventure, or a week-long epic? Prefer to earn your vertical with lung-burning climbs, or link lift networks conserve power for 1500 meter full-on descents? Looking for challenging enduro singletrails or a relaxed tour featuring breathtaking scenery and culinary highlights? Rest easy, we’ve got you covered.
We “Cherry Pick” the best rides in the region for daily tours from our partner hotel, Alphotel Mittersill. We have a variety of programs to choose from, ranging from skills training to sightseeing to downhill shredding.
Step #3 – TRIP LENGTH
Ultimate flexibility is part of what makes Bike Austria so easy to work with. We can provide any combination of days, including a mixture of Hut-to-Hut and Base Camp tours. Would you like a nice rest day mid-week? No problem at a Base Camp.
Step #4 – LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY
LITE: max. 500 hm, fun trails in the valley
SPORT: max. 700 hm, technical trails
ENDURO: max. 1700 hm, earn some big downhill trails
FREERIDE: With Lift + max. 800 hm, demanding trails
RIDE & LEARN: combines skills training and a fantastic bike tour
EASY: max. 500 veritcal meters
PUSH IT: max 1500 vertical meters
GO BIG: max. 3000 vertical meters
eLITE: max. 800 vertical meters, easy roads
eSPORT: max. 1000 vertical meters, easy roads and trails
eENDURO: max. 1500 vertical meters, challenging trails
RIDE & LEARN: Technical training and subsequent half-day tour exploring local highlights
Trail riding requires a more detailed rating system. In order to ensure a fun and safe day on the mountain bike or eBike, it is important that you have the skills to ride the intended trail. To assist with tour planning, several rating systems have been devised. Given our location in Austria, we have elected to use the scale most commonly used here and referenced on www.bikerides.at. It includes three general difficulty levels familiar to skiers and then broken down into six described levels of difficulty.
Step #5 – CONTACT US
Your Dream Bike Tour Awaits
We are ready to start working with you to customize the perfect Bike Holiday through Austria’s amazing landscape.
You are going to have the experience of a lifetime with Bike Austria. These factors can help you plan a trip that fits your budget.
- Half day (1-3 hours) 125€ + 10€ for each person
- Not available on hut tours
- Full day (4-7 hours) 195€ + 10€ for each person
Level of Accommodation
We work with a variety of huts, hotels and guest houses
- From 3 to 5 Star is available
- Rates at Mountain Huts are similar to 3 Star
- Starting at 55 € p.P/Night with breakfast
- Starting at 75 € p.P/Night with half-board (breakfast and dinner)