AUSTRIA BIKE TOURS | GUIDED GRAVEL AND MTB HOLIDAYS
Build Your Custom Austria Bike Tours
Just a Single Epic Day?
Unforgettable Austria Bike Tours
Bike Austria specializes in private single and multi-day Austria bike tours for groups interested in the best experiences that Alps has to offer. We customize every bike tour to the specific group, from hardcore enduro riders to gravel fanatics to families and retirees. Experience the splendor of rugged beauty on an Austria bike tour with renowned mountain hut culture and world-class terrain.
The Hohe Tauern National Park and the famous Kitzbühel Alps serve as our paradise for bike tours. Whether you’re searching for never-ending gravel adventures, the finest singletrack trail in the Alps, Europe’s finest bike parks, or quiet forest roads offering magnificent views of Central Europe’s largest National Park, we can tailor the experience to suit your needs.
In search of demanding singletrack or a tour of the region’s finest bike parks, including Leogang, Saalbach, Kitzbühel or Kaprun? Take a look at our Mountain Bike options.
On the hunt for Gravel? Winding forest roads, high mountain passes, and alpine scenery you’ll never forget? Be sure to check out our Gravel Bike Tours.
World-Class Cycling Region
Pinzgau, our region, is the heart and soul of cycling in Austria. The top MTB, Road, and Pumptrack events in the world regularly take place here.
- In 2021, our partner Bike Park in Leogang hosted the UCI World Championships for Downhill, XC, and eBike.
- The Giro d’Italia passes through the quiet little town of Mittersill because some of the most famous climbs in Austria are in its backyard. These include the Kitzbüheler Horn and the Grossglockner High Alpine Road, the highest paved pass in the eastern Alps.
- The Ironman 70.3 World Championships have been held in Zell am See.
- The 2019 Red Bull Pumptrack World Championship Qualifier was hosted at Pumptrack Mittersill.
Most importantly though, numerous rides for all ability levels travel through some of the most beautiful terrain in all of the Alps.
Advantages of Guided Austria Bike Tours
The guides at Bike Austria make your Gravel or Mountain Bike holiday unforgettable
- The biggest advantage? Easy. Our guides at Bike Austria know all of the secret mountain bike trails and perfect ribbons of gravel.
- If you thought Mother Nature pulled out all the stops in the Austrian Alps, think again: Hohe Tauern National Park is her magnum opus. Ride through an outdoor wonderland and one of Europe’s largest nature reserves (1786 sq km) straddling the borders of Carinthia, Salzburg, and Tirol
- Enjoy great group dynamics with like-minded mountain or gravel bikers
- Looking to improve your skills? Get great technique tips from our certified Bike Guides
- Equipment troubles? Your bike guide and mechanic will make sure your gear is dialed in
- No lost time: our carefully crafted itineraries will maximize singletrack and minimize stress. Guaranteed.
The advantage of mountain bike rides with certified guides goes beyond the experience on the bike.
- Learn about the culture, history, and geography of this breathtaking region
- Enjoy culinary highlights in traditional Austrian mountain huts
The bike season in the Alps lasts from the middle of April until December, weather-dependent. Higher elevations in the Hohe Tauern (that offer spectacular, high-alpine riding) can shorter the season from May until October.
- Skills Training will take your riding to the next level.
- Pumptrack Skills Training at the world-class Pumptrack Mittersill
- Our Fat Bike Winter Rides make riding a blast all year long.
Contact us today so we can start planning your dream one-day or multiday Hut-To-Hut Austria bike tours in the Alps.
Planning your perfect bike tour in 5 Steps
Planning your perfect bike tour in 5 Steps
Step #1 – BIKE STYLE
In town for a day or two? Passing through for an afternoon and want to experience Austria’s finest singletrack? Then join us for a ride! Team up with a certified Bike Austria Guide– we’ll show you the goods. Prefer rolling singletrack with stellar views of the Hohe Tauern peaks? Looking for technical descents through some of the most engaging terrain in the Alps? No problem– we’ll find you your flow.
We’re pretty sure it’s the finest way to experience the Austrian Alps. Navigating terrain that’s been featured in Giro stages, Trans Alp events, and World Cup events. Join us as we ride the finest selection of forest roads, winding switchbacks, and gravel-oriented singletrack while traversing the Alps via a network of breathtaking mountain huts.
We’ve all felt it — that moment when your favorite backyard singletrack begins to feel stale. That feeling when all you need is some solitude. A dose of stunning natural beauty. A taste of true adventure. Thankfully, we’ve got just what the Doctor ordered
Step #2 – TOUR STYLE
Our spectacular guided Hut-To-Hut Bike Tours take you through the stunning natural terrain of the Hohe Tauern National Park , the largest in Central Europe. From our home base in the Austrian Alps, we’re able to customize adventures to quench your thirst for big terrain riding, choosing from a complete menu of terrain types, singletrack trails, and stunning mountain huts. Looking for a two-day adventure, or a week-long epic? Prefer to earn your vertical with lung-burning climbs, or link lift networks conserve power for 1500 meter full-on descents? Looking for challenging enduro singletrails or a relaxed tour featuring breathtaking scenery and culinary highlights? Rest easy, we’ve got you covered.
We “Cherry Pick” the best rides in the region for daily tours from our partner hotel, Alphotel Mittersill. We have a variety of programs to choose from, ranging from skills training to sightseeing to downhill shredding.
Step #3 – TRIP LENGTH
Ultimate flexibility is part of what makes Bike Austria so easy to work with. We can provide any combination of days, including a mixture of Hut-to-Hut and Base Camp tours. Would you like a nice rest day mid-week? No problem at a Base Camp.
Step #4 – LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY
LITE: max. 500 hm, fun trails in the valley
SPORT: max. 700 hm, technical trails
ENDURO: max. 1700 hm, earn some big downhill trails
FREERIDE: With Lift + max. 800 hm, demanding trails
RIDE & LEARN: combines skills training and a fantastic bike tour
EASY: max. 500 veritcal meters
PUSH IT: max 1500 vertical meters
GO BIG: max. 3000 vertical meters
eLITE: max. 800 vertical meters, easy roads
eSPORT: max. 1000 vertical meters, easy roads and trails
eENDURO: max. 1500 vertical meters, challenging trails
RIDE & LEARN: Technical training and subsequent half-day tour exploring local highlights
Trail riding requires a more detailed rating system. In order to ensure a fun and safe day on the mountain bike or eBike, it is important that you have the skills to ride the intended trail. To assist with tour planning, several rating systems have been devised. Given our location in Austria, we have elected to use a Trail Difficulty Scale. It includes three general difficulty levels familiar to skiers and then broken down into six described levels of difficulty.
Step #5 – CONTACT US
Your Dream Bike Tour in Austria Awaits
We are ready to start working with you to customize the perfect Bike Holiday through Austria’s amazing landscape.
You are going to have the experience of a lifetime with Bike Austria. These factors can help you plan a trip that fits your budget.
- Half day (1-3 hours) 125€ + 10€ for each person
- Not available on hut tours
- Full day (4-7 hours) 225€ + 10€ for each person
Level of Accommodation
We work with a variety of huts, hotels and guest houses. Bike Austria clients can select the accommodation of their choice and will receive our special rate at the time of booking. Choose for our List of Partner Hotels and let them know that you will be riding with Bike Austria.
- From 3 to 5 Star is available
- Rates at Mountain Huts are similar to 3 Star
- Starting at 55 € p.P/Night with breakfast
- Starting at 75 € p.P/Night with half-board (breakfast and dinner)